The following information tells you what you need to do to register your claim. (0330 808 0181)
- Contact us by either filling out our PPI enquiry form on this page or by telephone.
We will need to discuss the details of your PPI enquiry with you briefly to establish if you may be eligible for a Cheltenham and Gloucester PPI refund and answer any questions that you may have
- Once we have spoken with you if we feel you may be eligible for our service we can then post you out a Letter of Authority which enables us to run a Free PPI check or start a mis-sold PPI claim on your behalf.
- Before we can begin to run a Free PPI check or start a mis-sold PPI claim on your behalf we will need you to post back to us your signed Letter of Authority in the freepost envelope that we provide to all clients
- Once we receive your signed Letter of Authority we can then proceed to check with your chosen lenders to see if any PPI was sold on any of your finances and contact you with the results. The lenders have a maximum of 40 days (8 weeks) to reply to us but in general they normally respond much quicker and a wait of around 2 to 3 weeks is common. We would ask you to stay patient and await the results as the lender will be having a thorough check of their systems to locate any PPI before reporting back to us.
- We will conduct a full investigation and review of how PPI was sold to you using all the information available. It is at this stage that we will proceed with any mis-sold PPI claims where we think that you may be eligible to receive mis-sold PPI compensation.
On receipt of a mis-sold PPI claim, Cheltenham and Gloucester will normally contact us within eight weeks with a reason why a decision has been delayed or to explain their final decision in detail and if appropriate, make an offer of compensation.
If you are due a refund it will be sent out to you within 28 days of the decision.
If Cheltenham and Gloucester decides that they are not upholding your complaint they will normally issue us with a final response decision letter outlining why they are not upholding your complaint.
We can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to review your claim and you/we will have six months to decide whether do this from the date on the final response from Cheltenham & Gloucester. Rest assured that in the unfortunate event that your PPI claim is not upheld by C&G we will happily refer your claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and deal with them on your behalf.